Vigor Paleo Keto Carnivore Beef MeatLoaf
(carnivore version is simply meats, eggs, pork rind “flour” and seasonings!)
1 small-medium onion (FODMAP is using an auto-immune protocol)
2 cloves garlic (FODMAP)
1 ½ lbs. of ground beef (or pork, or combo of each). I’ve used up to 2 lbs total, still tastes great!
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce or coconut aminos (I’ve removed and it’s still great!)
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or similar, I’ve also used water with a tablespoon of full fat coconut milk)
¼ cup almond flour (or crushed pork rinds for “flour”)
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon thyme
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
1 teaspoon black pepper
Mushrooms, ¼ lbs or more if preferred (none if AIP)
Tomato Sauce (skip if AIP):
1 cup diced can tomatoes
½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
2. If using bacon begin browning in a pan. You’ll want to cook until roughly half way done of the crispiness you prefer.
3. Mince the garlic and onion. Thinly slice the mushrooms. Combine all of the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl and knead with your hands until combined.
4. Stuff the meatloaf mixture in a 9 x 5″ loaf pan. Cover with strips of semi-cooked bacon.
5. In a small pot, combine the tomato sauce ingredients and simmer for a couple of minutes just to combine the spices. Pour over the loaf pan making sure nothing spills out. Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes. Take it out of the oven and let rest 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!!